Are you going for an SEO job interview?
If yes, then you might need some SEO interview questions and answers for preparation. So, in this blog post, I have compiled more than 250 SEO interview questions and answers for the beginner level to the most advanced level.
If you read this complete SEO interview questions and answers, then I can assure you that no one will stop you from cracking the SEO interview.
So, without wasting more time, let’s begin.
250+ SEO interview questions
1. General SEO Interview Questions:
1.What does SEO mean?
Ans: SEO stands for search engine optimization, which is the process of increasing the websites ranking on search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing.
2. Why do you want to make your career in SEO?
Ans: SEO is surely one of the most demanding and lucrative fields, especially in a country like India. Today, most businesses, small or large, are putting efforts into SEO to rank their website on top of Google.
This has led to the opening of job opportunities particularly in the field of SEO. So, anyone can surely think of making a career in SEO without any hesitations.
3. Why is SEO important?
Ans: SEO is important majorly for online businesses. In fact, SEO is like oxygen for online businesses. Without SEO any online venture cannot survive.
With SEO, businesses, especially the online ones can get organic traffic, brand visibility, credibility and more.
4. What are the advantages and disadvantages of SEO?
Ans: Following are the 5 top advantages of SEO:
- Free of cost.
- It has the ability to increase profits and revenue.
- SEO increases brand visibility and credibility.
- It performs better than PPC.
Following are 5 disadvantages of SEO:
- It takes too much to get results from SEO.
- One must have good technical knowledge about SEO.
- SEO is dynamic in nature.
- SEO professionals must always need to be updated about trends and the latest techniques.
- Huge competition.
5. What are the different types of SEO?
Ans: There are three different types of SEO:
- White hat SEO: It involves ethical SEO practices without manipulating the search engines.
- Black hat SEO: It involves unethical SEO practices by manipulating the search engines.
- Grey hat SEO: It is the combination of white hat and black hat SEO.
6. What is SERP?
Ans: SERP stands for search engine result page. It is the first page that a user gets on search engines for a particular keyword. Google SERP consists of 3 ads and 7 organic results.
7. What is Google knowledge graph?
Ans: Google knowledge graph is a system developed by Google to enhance the SERP results for a particular set of search terms that belongs to people, places and things.
Whenever a user types keyword phrases related to person or place, he will encounter a big block on the right side of Google SERP. That big block is nothing but Google knowledge graphs.
8. What are featured snippets?
Ans: Features snippets are the search results which users get directly on the SERP. They are in the form of a summary and satisfy the needs of users right on the search engine result page.
Example of featured snippets;
9. How to get featured snippets?
Ans: Generally there is no hard and fast rule to get featured snippets. Google automatically analyzes whether a particular content or web-page is best fit for featured snippets or not.
However, one can try to get featured snippets by following ways:
- Creating listicle content.
- Using FAQs schemas in content.
- Answering all the query of users in content.
- Targetting user-specific keywords.
10. What is zero rankings in Google?
Ans: Google zero ranking is also called a featured snippets.
11. What is pogo sticking?
Ans: Pogo Sticking simply means clicking on the website shown on the SERP and quickly dis the website to go back on the SERP results.
The user does such things because the SERP results might not satisfy the query of the user. That’s why the user keeps on looking for other SERP results that satisfies his query.
12. What does SEM stand for?
Ans: SEM stands for search engine marketing which is the process of marketing and advertising on search engines.
(To completely understand what is SEO, SEM, PPC and SMM read this guide on Full form of SEO, PPC, SEM and SMM)
13. What does RSS mean?
Ans: RSS stands for really simple syndication. When a user subscribes to the RSS feed of any website, he may get the latest updates and information from the site under one roof.
So, by subscribing to RSS feeds of multiple websites, users may save their time and get the latest updates from their favourite website under one roof.
14. What is the difference between organic and paid listings?
Ans: Organic listings are the search results which are obtained without spending a single penny on ranking a website. Whereas, paid are exactly opposite of organic listings.
In paid listings users pay a certain amount to search engines to get their website on top of the SERP.
15. What is latent semantic indexing?
Ans: Latent semantic indexing is a technique which Google crawlers undertake in order to better understand the context of web-page or content.
16. What is crawling and indexing?
Ans: Crawling is the process that search engines take in order to scan web-pages and understand what the content is all about. After analyzing and crawling the web-pages, search engines segregate the results and keep them in their index or database.
17. What are spiders and crawlers?
Ans: Spiders and crawlers are a type AI bot that is responsible for crawling and scanning the web-pages of billions of websites on the internet.
18. Name the bot which Google uses for crawling web-pages?
Ans: Google bot.
19. What is Silo structure and its advantages?
Ans: Silo is a way of structuring the website into various categories and subcategories in order to make the site navigation easy for users as well as for search engines.
With the help of silo structure, you can easily outrank your competitors.
(Image credits: https://wiseseo.guru/)
20. What is the search intent?
Ans: A search intent or keyword intent is the idea of the psychology of a person when he/she types any particular keyword on the search box.
When a person types “buy iPhone under 50,000” his idea behind this keyword is very clear that he wants to buy an iphone which costs not more than 50,000.
Hence, by understanding the search intent of users, one can create content easily.
21. What is Google sandbox all about?
Ans: Google sandbox is a popular term used in the SEO community, which believes that Google does not rank newly created websites on top results for a while.
22. What do you mean by spamdexing?
Ans: In SEO, spamdexing is also known as black hat SEO or a way of manipulating search engines to get top rankings in Google search.
23. What are money pages?
Ans: Money pages are those web pages of any particular website that brings maxim sales, conversions and revenue to the business. That’s why most of the online businesses try to rank their money pages on Google.
24. How to handle duplicate content issues?
Ans: Duplicate content issues may act as a major roadblock in your SEO efforts. They can either impact your rankings or confuse Google to rank your content.
That’s why it is important to deal with duplicate content issues.
So, the following are the best ways to deal with such issues.
- Use canonical tags on all your web-pages.
- Try to create unique content always.
- Follow the 80-20 rule. (80% unique content and 20% plagiarized)
- Redirect the duplicate content using canonical tags.
25. Does a new website always start with domain authority of 1?
Ans: Yes, a new website will always start with the domain authority of 1.
26. Name some heat map tools for SEO?
Ans: Following are the best heat map tools for SEO:
- Crazy Egg.
- Mouse Flow.
- Lucky orange.
27. What is mobile SEO?
Ans: Mobile SEO refers to optimizing the website for mobile users, tablet users and smartphone users. The main aim of mobile SEO is to give an amazing experience to visitors who visit your site through the cell phone or any smart devices.
28. What are the best mobile SEO practices?
Ans: Following are the best practice for mobile SEO:
- Create a responsive website structure.
- Improve the speed of your website.
- Use HTML 5 for video and animated content.
- Create a sitemap for the mobile version of your site.
- Use structured data.
- Create a mobile-friendly navigation.
29. How to optimize podcast websites?
Ans: Following are the best ways by which you can optimize a podcast website easily.
- Transcribe your content and include keywords in it.
- Use structured data for podcasts.
- Use structured data for audiobooks.
30. What are progressive web apps?
Ans: Progressive web applications is a set of advanced technologies that makes your site look like a mobile application. Websites that use this technology work just as mobile applications that we download from play store.
Flipkart is a great example of progressive web apps.
31. What are the features of progressive web apps?
Ans: Following are the main features of progressive web apps:
- The applications built using progressive web apps are very fast.
- It makes websites more engaging on cell phones.
- Website speed and remains intact even when there is slow internet connection.
32. How to track the performance of thousands of keywords in SEO?
Ans: One can track the performance of thousands of keywords using SEO tools like SEMrush, Ahref, MOZ Pro and many other SEO tools. One can also use Google search console data to track the performance of keywords.
33. What is ASO and why it is important?
Ans: ASO stands for app store optimization, which is a process of optimizing the application for better rankings on play store or any other app store. ASO also helps in increasing the app downloads.
34. Give any 5 tips to increase app downloads.
Ans: Following are the 5 tips to increase the app downloads.
- Leverage app store optimization.
- Choose your application name wisely.
- Increase its social media presence.
- Do keyword research.
- Ask for reviews.
35. Name a few ASO ranking factors.
Ans: Following are the top app store ranking factors.
- App name.
- App description.
- Reviews and ratings.
- Download velocity.
36. What is Google’s penalty in SEO?
Ans: Google penalty is a negative action taken by Google against any website that tries to manipulate the search results by implementing a black hat or negative SEO techniques.
37. What are the types of Google penalty?
Ans: Following are the various types of Google penalty.
Generally there are two types of Google penalty. First, the algorithmic penalty which is caused by recent algorithm changes or updates. Second, is the manual penalty by Google employees.
38. How to deal with Google penalties?
Ans: The only way to recover from Google penalty is to understand what kind of penalty has your website affected with. For example, if your website is showing a drop in the ranking due to spammy links then you need to remove all the spammy links from your site.
39. What is negative SEO?
Ans: Negative SEO refers to the implementation of unethical SEO activities on competitors websites in order to devalue their site’s ranking. Such kind of SEO activities are generally implemented to decrease the level of organic traffic of competitors’ websites.
40. Types of negative SEO?
Ans: Following are the types of negative SEO practices.
- Link farms.
- Bad reviews.
- Scraping content.
- DDoS attack.
- Pogo sticking.
41. What is eCommerce SEO?
Ans: eCommerce SEO refers to optimizing the eCom website for increasing its sales, revues and conversions.
42. Name some eCommerce SEO tips:
Ans: Following are the best eCommerce SEO tips.
- Included targeted keywords in product name and description.
- Use canonical tags properly.
- Use eCommerce structured data.
- Build links for product pages.
- Improve the site speed.
- Create a responsive website.
43. What is the Google answer box?
Ans: Google answer box is nothing but a small rectangular box that we see on top of the SERP page for any given query or keyword. The main aim of this answer box is to give answers to the user query without allowing them to click on another website.
44. How to optimize for Google answer box?
Ans: Following are the ways by which you can optimize your website Google answer box.
- Create listicle content.
- Create a table of contents.
- Create content which is specific to users’ queries.
45. What international SEO?
Ans: International SEO refers to doing the SEO activities that try to bring international traffic on any given website.
46. What is the difference between international SEO and regular SEO?
Ans: International SEO refers to optimizing a website in such a way that it receives traffic and traction for international users. Whereas, regular SEO refers to optimizing websites for domestic users.
47. What are the best practices for international SEO?
Ans: Following is the best practice for international SEO:
- Target international keywords.
- Create content for international audiences.
- Use hreflang whenever possible.
48. What is a Soft 404 Error?
Ans: A soft 404 error indicates that a particular web-page is not present or found on the website but has a status code of 200.
49. What is server-side rendering vs client-side rendering?
Ans: In server-side rendering, all the web pages or resources of a website are rendered on the server. Whereas, in client-side rendering all the web pages and resources are rendered on the clients browser.
50. What are expired domains?
Ans: Expired domains are those domains which have been registered by businesses, website owners or bloggers, but have not been renewed for certain reasons.
51. How expired domains can be used in SEO?
Ans: Expired domains are of great benefit when it comes to SEO.
One can buy niche-specific and high quality expired domain and can redirect it to their website and enjoy all the SEO value that will pass from expired domain to new domain.
52. What are core web vitals in Google search console?
Ans: Core web vitals are a set of metrics or KIPs that one can see in Google search console. These metrics indicate the page speed, mobile usability and visual stability of the website.
53. Name common mobile usability errors in Google search console?
Ans: Following are the most common mobile usability error shown on Google search console:
- Text appearing larger than size.
- Content is wider than the screen.
- Clickable elements too close together.
- Text too small to read.
54. What is local SEO?
Ans: Local SEO refers to SEO activity of optimizing a website for regional or local specific keywords like:
- Digital marketing companies in Nagpur.
- Digital marketing companies in Kolkata.
- Digital marketing agencies in Delhi.
- Digital marketing company in Mumbai.
55. How to optimize a website for local keywords?
Ans: One can optimize the website for local keywords by targeting or including local keywords in content. This can also be done by creating more and more localized content on the website.
56. What is NAP?
Ans: NAP stands for name, address and phone number. These three elements are more important when it comes to local SEO.
57. What are the citations?
Ans: Citations are nothing but online references of a local business website that includes its name, address and phone number. The more citations a particular site has, better will be its ranking for local keywords.
58. How to rank a website on Google My Business listing
Ans: One can rank a local business website on Google My Business by creating citations, getting positive reviews, creating local content and building backlinks.
59. Name a few local SEO tools?
Ans: Following are the best local SEO tools:
- Moz Local.
- Bright local.
- White spark.
- Growth bar.
- Geo ranker.
60. Name a Google algorithm which is related to local SEO?
Ans: Google Pigeon is the algorithm that is related to local SEO.
On-Page SEO Interview Questions and Answers:
- What is on-page SEO?
Ans: On-page SEO refers to SEO activities that are done within the website to make it more search engine friendly.
2. Name any 5 important on-page SEO factors?
Ans: Following are the 5 important on-page SEO factors:
- Title tag optimization.
- Meta tags optimization.
- Increasing website speed.
- Content of the website.
3. What is the title tag in SEO?
Ans: Title tags are the HTML elements that define the title of the content. Title tags are generally seen on SERP in the results page. They placed right above the meta tags.
4. How long should be a title tag?
Ans: A title tag should not contain more than 65 characters.
5. How to create an SEO friendly title tag?
Ans: In order to create an SEO friendly title tag make sure that you include your primary and secondary keywords in it. Also, try to make a title tag which is short, simple and easy to read.
6. What does no snippet tag tell the search engine?
Ans: The no-snippet tag tells search engines not to show snippets or meta descriptions of a particular web-page.
7. What is the heading tag?
Ans: Headings tags are HTML elements that define the heading of content or web-page. They also help search engines to understand the structure of your content.
There are 6 headings tags;
8. How many H1 tags should be there in one web-page?
Ans: On one single web-page two H1 tags can be used. Over usage of H1 tags will give a negative indication to search engines and it may also lead to negative rankings.
9. How to create an SEO friendly heading tag?
Ans: In order to create SEO friendly heading tags make sure that you use your targeted keywords in it. Also, try using different variations of heading tags like H1, H2, H3 and so on.
You can even add LSI keywords in heading tags to make it look more natural.
10. What is a meta description?
Ans: Meta descriptions are HTML elements that show up the summary or short description of the content on the SERP. They are used in SEO to enhance the user experience.
11. Tell me the character limit of meta tag?
Ans: The maximum character limit of meta description tags is 165 characters.
12. How to create an SEO friendly meta tag?
Ans: In order to create an SEO friendly meta tag make sure that you use your primary and secondary keyword in it. You can also use numbers in meta tags to make it eye-catchy and user friendly.
13. What are breadcrumbs?
Ans: Breadcrumbs are navigational tags that tell users where they are on a particular website. They are generally used for users, so that they can track their path on the website.
14. What are the advantages of breadcrumbs in SEO?
Ans: Breadcrumbs do not directly impact the ranking of websites, but they do help in user satisfaction.
Following are some advantages of using breadcrumbs on the website:
- Helps users to navigate your site in a better manner.
- Allows users to scan websites easily.
- It tells users on which part of the website they are on.
- It enhances the user experience.
15. What are an index and a no-index tag?
Ans: Index tag tells the search engine to crawl and index a particular web-page of the website. Whereas, the no-index tag tells search engines not to crawl and index a particular web-page of the site.
16. What is Hreflang and Why it is Important in SEO?
Ans: Hreflang is an HTML tag that tells the search engines about languages and relationship between the web-pages and regional targeting of the web-pages. It helps the search engines to give specific results according to the user’s query.
17. Where is the Hreflang tag placed on the website?
Ans: Hreflang tag is placed on the header section, HTTP header or on XML sitemap.
18. What is PWAMP?
PWAMP stands for progressive accelerated mobile pages. It is nothing but an extension to the AMP or accelerated mobile pages technologies. AMP makes websites more mobile-friendly and helps in loading faster.
On the other hand, PWAMP makes web pages look more better and attractive.
19. Which type of Image is best suitable for SEO and why
Ans: JPEG images are best suitable for SEO purposes because they offer good compression levels.
20. What is an image alt tag?
Ans: Image alt tags are those tags which are used to give a name to a particular image. This tag also tells search engines about what the image is all about.
21. Why is the image alt tag important?
Ans: Search engines are nothing but robots which may find it difficult to crawl and understand the visual content on websites, especially images and graphics.
Hence, to make search engines understand what a particular image is all about, the Image alt tag is used.
22. How to create a perfect image alt tag?
Ans: Include your targeted keywords in Image Alt Tag. Also, keep it short and simple. Use hyphens instead of using blank spaces between multiple worlds.
23. What is image optimization?
Ans: In SEO, image optimization is all about making your image search engine friendly, so that search engines can better understand about images and it can also rank well on image search.
24. How to optimize images?
Ans: Following are the ways to optimize the images on the website:
- Compressing all the images.
- Using captions and alt text.
- Choosing the right image format.
- Give a proper name to an image file.
- Make proper use of width and length of the image.
25. What does the URL stand for and what does it mean?
Ans: A URL stands for uniform resource locator. It is used to find web-page, website, content, image, video or anything else on the internet. Without a URL, one cannot do proper surfing on the internet.
URL consists of HTTP protocol, sub-domain, domain name and domain extension.
26. How to create SEO friendly URLs?
Ans: Following are the ways by which you can create SEO friendly URLs:
- Keep it simple and descriptive.
- Avoid using stop words in URLs.
- Don’t use numbers, year and dates in URLs.
- Include your keywords in URLs.
- Use hyphens to separate words.
- Avoid using special characters.
- Always keep it short
Following are some examples of URLs.
27. What is Robots.txt file?
Ans: Robots.txt file is an important SEO file that tells search engines which web-pages of a website are to crawl and index and which are to be excluded from crawling and indexing.
Following are the symbols:
28. Where is the Robots.txt file located?
Ans: Robots.txt file is located in the root directory of the domain.
29. What is the importance of Robots.txt file?
Ans: Robots.txt file is important because it tells the search engine bots which sections of the website are to crawl and which are to be avoided.
30. Name some common Robots.txt mistakes that people do?
Ans: Following are the best SEO practices for Robots.txt file:
- First, always research and understand which sections of your website you want to crawl.
- Always put sitemap in the robots.txt file.
- Create separate robots.txt files for each subdomain that belongs to your website.
- Don’t use any special characters in robots.txt file expect * and $ in robots.txt file.
- Be double-sure before submitting the robots.txt file.
31. What are the types of pages that you should be hiding in robots.txt?
Ans: Following are the pages that should be hide using robots.txt:
- Pagination pages.
- Query parameters.
- Account and profile pages.
- Thank You pages.
- Shopping pages.
- Admin pages.
32. Do you know what a sitemap is?
Ans: A sitemap is a file that has the list of all the web-pages on your website. They help search engines to understand about a website’s architecture and layout.
While doing SEO we need to submit the sitemap to search engines. This helps search engines to better crawl and index a particular website
33. How to create a sitemap?
Ans: Creating a sitemap is one of the easiest tasks in the entire SEO process. Following are the different ways by which you can create sitemaps for your website.
- Yoast SEO Plugin: If you are a WordPress user then you can use Yoast SEO plugin to create a sitemap.
Follow these steps to create a sitemap in Yoast SEO.
- XML-sitemaps.com: You can enter the url of your site on this website and it will create a sitemap for you in a few minutes.
34. Is page speed a ranking factor in SEO?
Ans: Yes, page speed is one of the most important ranking factors in SEO. If your site is not loading within a specific time then you may lose your website’s ranking.
Along with page speed, mobile-friendliness is also an important ranking factor.
35. What should be the ideal loading time of a website?
Ans: The ideal loading time of a website is between 3-4 seconds. If your site is not loading within 3-4 seconds then you must try to decrease its loading time or else you won’t get fruitful results for your SEO efforts.
36. How to increase website loading speed?
Ans: Website loading speed is an important ranking factor. So, if you want to increase the loading speed of your website, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Use CDN.
- Use Good hosting.
- Minify the Java scripts and CSS.
- Use lightweight WordPress themes.
- Reduce your image size.
- Reduce the use of redirection of websites.
- Leverage browser caching.
37. What is plagiarised content?
Ans: Plaragised content is also known as duplicate or copy content. If you are creating duplicate content then it is possible that your content won’t rank on Google, because Google always prefers new and unique content.
Hence, creating duplicate content won’t take you anywhere.
So always focus on creating unique content.
38. How to check whether content is unique or plagiarised?
Ans: There are multiple tools available on the internet that can be used to check whether content is unique or not.
Following are those tools:
- Plagiarism tool by small SEO tools:
- SEMrush writing assistant.
- Gradeproof AI.
- Pro Writing Aid.
39. What is Schema.org?
Ans: Schema.org is a joint collaborative approach by search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing and Yandex to standardize micro-data or schema markup language.
40. What are different formats of Schema markup?
Ans: JSON-LD, Microdata and RDFa are three different types of schema.
41. What are the different types of Schema markup?
Ans: Following are the different types of Schema markup:
- Organization schema.
- Event schema.
- Breadcrumbs schema.
- People schema.
- Recipe schema.
- Local schema.
- Product review schema.
42. What is a schema markup language?
Ans: Schema Markup is a code that SEO experts adds to the web-page to enhance the quality of content when it appears on the SERP results for a particular keyword.
Also, these codes have a huge impact on CTR.
When you use these codes on your website, there is a high chance that users will click through the website.
Following are the examples of schema codes used in websites:
43. What is the importance of Schema markup?
Ans: Following are the advantages of using Schema in web-pages:
- It makes your content more search engine friendly.
- It increases the CTR of websites.
- Improves your search engine rankings.
- Enhances user experience.
44. What does no archive tag tell search engines?
Ans: No archive tag tells the search engine not to store the cached copy of your web-page.
45. What is the difference between HTTP and HTTPS?
Ans: HTTP is an unsecured protocol whereas HTTPS is a secured protocol and uses SSL/TLS certificate to ensure its authenticity. From an SEO point of view, HTTPS is a better option.
Moreover, Google has officially confirmed that website security is an important ranking factor.
46. Types of redirection in SEO?
Ans: There are two important redirections in SEO. 301 redirection and 302 redirections. 301 is permanent redirection and tells search engines that a particular web-page has permanently moved to another location forever.
On the other hand, 302 is a temporary redirection and tells search engines that the page has moved to another location for a particular period of time.
47. What is a canonical tag?
Ans: A canonical tag tells search engines that the content of a particular web page is a copy of another web-page. This tag helps a webmaster to overcome duplicate content issues.
48. Should every web page have a canonical tag?
Ans: Yes, it is very important that every web-page of your site must have a canonical tag. If each page of your site is not having this tag then you face duplicate content issues.
49. What is the difference between 301 and 302 redirects?
ans: 301 redirect is a permanent redirection and tells search engines that a particular web-page has moved to another location permanently. 302 redirects tell search engines that a web-page has moved to another location for a temporary basis.
50. What is a 404 error?
Ans: The 404 error tells that a webpage which you are trying to reach is not found on the website. This error occurs when a page has been deleted or moved to another location without modifying the URL.
51. How to deal with 404 errors?
Ans: 404 error may lead to the creation of broken links on your website, hence it is important that you deal with 404 error pages, so that your SEO activities do get affected by it.
Following are the ways by which you can deal with 404 errors:
- Redirect a 404 page to the live URL using 301 redirections.
- Create a custom 404 error page.
52. What is status code 200?
Ans: A status 200 indicates that HTTP request has been successful and the user can see a resource like a new web-page, video, image or any other content on the internet.
53. What is status code 500?
Ans: 500 code is related to server issues. It indicates that something has gone wrong with your website’s server or the file system that makes up your website.
Sometimes this issue may also occur due to problems in the webpage or programming of the website.
54. What is status code 410?
Ans: 410 error means that a user cannot access the particular resource or web-page, because it has been permanently deleted and is no longer available.
55. What is a domain name?
Ans: In a layman’s language, a domain name is the address of your website on the internet, which users type on a browser search box to access it. A domain is always supported by domain extensions like .com, .org and .edu.
56. What is a domain extension?
Ans: A domain extension is inscribed at the end of the domain name. It specifies to which category a particular domain belongs to. Suppose if a domain has an extension of .com, .org or .edu then a particular domain belongs to TLD (top-level domain category)
Domain extension can also be country-specific like .in, .uk, .pk and more.
57. What is EMD?
Ans: EMD stands for exact match domain. These are the type of domain that matches with the keyword that webmasters or bloggers want to rank their website for.
You want to rank a keyword called “digital marketing expert” then instead of creating content around it, you would simplify by the domain for that keyword.
58. Are there any advantages and disadvantages of EMD?
Ans: Earlier Google used to rank EMD domain websites on top because they had words that matched for targeted search terms. However, this technique no longer works.
Google has rolled out several updates related to EMD, especially the poor sites that are ranking just because of EMD.
Moreover, you can still use EMD and an authoritative site, so that Google doesn’t find it spammy.
59. Name some common on-page SEO errors?
Ans: Following are 5 common on-page SEO errors.
- Lack of internal links on websites.
- Missing canonical URLs on every web-page.
- Not creating sitemaps and robots.txt files.
- Ignoring broken links.
- Ignoring site speed.
60. Name any 5 on-page SEO tools?
Ans: Following are the best on-page SEO tools:
- Screaming frog.
61. Name any 2 WordPress Plugin for on-page SEO?
Ans: Yoast SEO and Rank Math are the two best on-page SEO plugins for WordPress users.
62. What is an anchor text?
Ans: An Anchor text is a clickable hypertext link that may be seen on any webpage or a particular section of a website. Such links take users from one website to another website.
Or from one web-page to another web-page of the same site.
63. Name different types of anchor text?
Ans: Following are different types of anchor text in SEO:
- Exact match anchor text:
- Partial match:
- Branded anchor text:
64. Which character should you use to separate words in Url?
65. What is the ideal anchor text ratio?
Ans: Following is the best anchor text ratio that one should follow while doing link-building activity:
- Branded anchor text: 40%-50%
- Exact match: 10%-20%
- Partial match: 50%-60%
66. Which is the most recommended format for creating sitemaps for search engines?
Ans: XML sitemap is the best suitable for search engines as well as for the users.
67. Is the keyword cannibalization ethical or unethical?
Ans: Keyword cannibalization is an unethical SEO practice which involves creating multiple contents for one targeted keyword.
68. What is website structure?
Ans: website structure refers to how your website looks and feels and is designed for users or how the web-pages on your site are connected to each other.
69. What are the various types of website structure?
Ans: Following are the various types of website structure:
- Hierarchical model.
- Sequential model.
- Matrix model.
- Database model.
70. What is the importance of website structure for SEO?
Ans: Website structure is important becauseit provides the good user experience, increases the crawability of websites and also a good site architecture can give you Google sitelinks.
71. What is a subdomain?
Ans: A sub-domain is an additional part of your site that contains different content as compared to the content on the root domain of your site.
72. Name any 5 tools required for content audit?
Ans: Following are the best tools for content auditing:
- Screaming frog.
- Google analytics.
- Google search console.
- SEMrush content analysis.
Questions Related To Keywords In SEO:
- What are keywords in SEO?
Ans: In SEO, keywords are the search term of phrases that users type into the search box to get information about it. A keyword can be short words or long words as well.
2. What are keywords important?
Ans: Keywords are the foundation in SEO. Without targeting proper keywords, SEO campaigns won’t generate fruitful results. By targeting right keywords, websites can be easily ranked and also get good traffic from search.
3. Name different types of keywords in SEO?
Ans: Following are the different types of keywords in SEO:
- Transactional keywords: These keywords signifies that the user is having a search intent to buy something.
Buy an iPhone under $599.
Best mobile phones to buy.
- Short tail keywords: Short tail keywords contain 1-2 words in it.
- Long-tail keywords: Long-tail keywords contain 4-5 words in it.
- Informational keywords: These types of keywords suggest that the user is looking for some information on the internet.
4. What is the difference between short tail and long-tail keywords?
Ans: Short tail keywords contain only 2-3 words in it. Also, they get good monthly searches and are difficult to rank as well.
On the other hand, long-tail keywords are those keywords that contain 4-5 words, medium search volume and are easy to rank as well.
5. What is your keyword research process?
Ans: Following is the keyword research process that one should follow while doing SEO.
- Understand business goals and objectives.
- Identify competitors.
- Look for keywords for which competitors are ranking.
- Create a list of 10-20 keywords by doing competitors.
- Check the search intent for each keyword.
- Analyze the websites that are ranking for those keywords.
- Create a final list of keywords based on following factors: Search volume, Keyword difficulty, Required backlinks to rank content on each keyword, DA|PA of websites ranking for those keywords. If few websites is having DA|PA of 40-50 or low, then you should go with that keyword.
6. Name 5 paid keyword research tools?
Ans: Following 5 best-paid keyword research tools:
- Moz Pro.
- Long-tail pro.
7. Name 5 free keyword research tools?
Ans: following are best free keyword research tools:
- Google keyword planner.
- Answer the public.
- Undersugget. (only for few searches)
- Keyword shitter.
8. What is keyword density?
Ans: Keyword density is the percentage of how many times a targeted keyword has appeared in content depending on the words in a content.
Following is the formula to calculate keyword density:
9. What is an ideal keyword density?
Ans: An ideal keyword density is 2-3% per 100 words.
10. What is keyword stuffing?
Ans: Keyword stuffing is a popular black hat SEO activity which involves placing targeted keywords multiple times in the content. It basically means to include keywords in content beyond specified keyword density.
11. Is keyword stuffing a good practice?
Ans: No, keyword stuffing is not at all a good SEO practice.
12. What is the best practice to use keywords?
Ans: Following is the best practice to use keywords:
- Include keywords in URL, title tag, meta tag, image alt tag, heading, and captions.
- Use a combination of primary and secondary keywords.
- Sprinkle LSI keywords in the content.
13. How to rank for multiple keywords?
Ans: Content can be ranked for multiple keywords by using the right combination of primary and secondary keywords in it. Also, including LSI keywords in content can help.
14. What are the LSI keywords?
Ans: LSI keywords are latent semantic keywords that add more context to content. These keywords act as supportive of your primary keywords and also help search engines in better understanding of the context of your content.
15. How to find LSI keywords?
Ans: Following are the ways to find LSI keywords:
- Use tools like SEMrush, Longtail pro, LSI graph.
- Take help from google auto-suggest and related searches.
- Find questions on Quora related to your targeted keyword.
16. What is the difference between primary and secondary keywords?
Ans: Primary keywords are actual targeted keywords for which a webmaster wants his website to rank on top. Secondary keywords act as a support to those primary keywords and make the content look more natural.
Secondary keywords also help search engines to better understand the context of the content.
17. How to use keywords in posts and web-pages?
Ans: Keywords can be used in the post title, meta tag, URL, headings, in-between content and in image attribute as well.
While creating SEO optimized content, one should also include keywords at the start and end of the content. Also, one should include multiple LSI and secondary keywords, so that content can be ranked for multiple keywords as well.
18. How to find keywords for content?
Ans: Finding keywords is one of the easiest tasks in SEO, provided that you know the keyword research process and you have access to tools like SEMrush, Ahref or SEOprofiler.
If you don’t have access to paid tools then you can use Google keyword planner, answer the public, Google autosuggest and related searches.
You can also find a bunch of keywords from quora.com as well.
19. What is keyword prominence?
Ans: Keyword prominence refers to how your targeted keywords are placed in content, URLs, title tags, meta tags, heading tags and other relevant sections of your website.
Questions Related To Off-Page SEO:
- When planning for a link building strategy, what can be the biggest asset for you?
Ans: There can be multiple answers for this question, hence try to answer this question depending on your knowledge and thought.
My personal answer to this question: Content will be the biggest asset in my link-building strategy. By creating top-notch content, one can get links naturally.
2. What is the deep link building?
Ans: A deep link is a type of backlink that points to web-pages inside the website and not the root domain of a website. Such links are vital to rank content on the SERP.
3. What do you mean by hook in link building?
Ans: In link building campaigns a hook is nothing but the content that you create. It can be either textual, image, infographics or video content. But such content needs to attract an audience on the internet.
4. What is the off-page SEO?
Ans: Off-page SEO is the most important element in an SEO campaign. It determines whether your content will rank on search engines or not.
Off-page SEO means optimization techniques that you implement outside of your website to increase its ranking. Off-page techniques also increase the visibility and credibility of the website on the internet.
5. Name some important off-page SEO ranking factors?
Ans: Following are some important off-page SEO ranking factors:
- Social signals.
- No referring domain pointing to content.
- No contextual links.
- Diversity of links and more.
6. What is the importance of off-page SEO?
Ans: Without off-page activities, it is next to impossible to rank a website on Google. Off-page SEO increases the visibility of a website in the eyes of search engines.
The more off-page you do better will be your website’s visibility and rankings as well.
7.What is the difference between internal and external links?
Ans: Internal links are those links which connect one web-page to another web-page of the same website. Whereas, external links are those links that connect one page to another webpage of a different website.
8. Distinguish between inbound and outbound links?
Ans: Inbound links are those links that other websites or domains give to your own website. Whereas, outbound links are those which you give to other websites.
In SEO, one should always try to get maximum outbound links for better rankings.
9. What is link juice?
Ans: A link juice is also known as link equity which is nothing but the SEO value that is passed from one website to another website or from one web-page to another website.
Link juice is passed through backlinks.
10. Name different types of backlinks?
Ans: There are found different types of backlinks in SEO:
- Do-follow links.
- No-follow links.
- Inbound links.
- Outbound links.
11. Why anchor text is important in SEO?
Ans: Anchor text is important for SEO because it gives information to search engines about linked pages. It also tells users where they can find relevant information about the text mentioned in the anchor.
12. What is link velocity?
Ans: Link velocity refers to the speed at which you conduct link-building activities.
13. What are backlinks in SEO?
Ans: A backlink is a simple HTML link that other websites point to another website. The website that gets maximum quality links will rank higher in search engines.
14. Why are backlinks important in SEO?
Ans: Backlinks are important in SEO because they are the no 1 ranking factor in SEO. They also help to increase the credibility and visibility of websites in the eyes of search engines.
15. Name a few link building techniques?
Ans: following are the most common link building techniques:
- Blogger outreach.
- PPT and PDF submissions.
- Image, video and infographics submissions.
- Directory and forums postins.
- Testimonial links and more.
16. What directory and Forum?
Ans: A web directory is nothing online listing of websites under various categories. A web directory is very similar to the phone directory.
On the other hand, A web forum is an online community of link minded people where they can discuss a common problem, get solutions and meet new people.
17. What is guest posting?
Ans: A guest posting is a link building technique in which content is published on other websites in return for backlinks. Currently, guest posting is the no1 link building technique.
18. What is guestographic?
Ans: Guestographic is another link building technique in which a website’s content is converted into an infographic and given to the content owner to publish the same on his site.
In return, the content creator may give you a credit in the form of backlink.
19. What is skyscraper technique?
Ans: Skyscraper technique is another link building technique created by Brain Dean. This technique involves creating 10X better content then what is actually ranking on Google for a particular keyword.
20. What are PPT and PDF submissions?
Ans: PPT and PDF submissions is an off-page SEO technique which involves creating a high-quality PPT or PDF and listing them on various sites that accept PPT and PDFs.
21. What is image submission?
Ans: Image submissions are similar to PPT and PDF submission. The only change is that in image submission, you need to list images instead of PPTs and PDFs.
22. Image submission sites?
Ans: Following are the top 10 image submissions sites:
23. Name some PPT and PDF submission sites?
Ans: Following are the best PPT and PDF submission sites:
24. What is Video submission?
Ans: Video submission refers to creating video content and submitting it on various video streaming websites like YouTube, Facebook, Dailymotion, Instagram and more.
25. Video submission sites?
Ans: Following are the top-rated video submission websites.
26. What are testimonial links?
Ans: The links which you can get from the product or service-based websites by sharing your review is called as testimonial links.
27. Name some black hat SEO Link build techniques?
Ans: Following are some black hat link building techniques in SEO:
- Buying links.
- Creating link farms.
- 301 redirection.
- Unnatural link exchange.
28. How to do guest posting?
Ans: While submitting a guest post, you must keep the following things in mind:
- Your content must error-free.
- Your content must be informative, innovative and interactive as well.
- Content must be well structured with bullet points, headings and subheadings.
- Content must contain relevant images and sources as well.
- Your content must be easy to read and understand.
29. How to find guest posting opportunities?
Ans: For finding the guest posting opportunities, you can use the following keyword modifiers in the search box:
keyword “submit a guest post”
keyword “guest post
keyword “guest post by”
keyword “accepting guest posts”
keyword “guest post guideline”
30. What is DA and PA?
Ans: DA stands for Domain Authority. It is a metric developed by Moz, which indicates the strength of the domain from 1-100. Higher DA means a website is highly authoritative.
PA or Page authority indicates the authority of a particular web page of a website. PA ratings are between 1-100. Higher PA means a web-page is highly authoritative.
31. How to increase DA?
Ans: One can increase the domain authority of a website by building high-quality backlinks, publishing long-form content, removing toxic backlinks and creating content on a regular basis.
32. What are Tf And cF
Ans: Tf stands for trust flow and Cf stands for citation flow.
33. What is the broken links?
Ans: Broken link is also called dead links which brings a status code 404 on a particular web-page of your site. Broken links are caused when a website is gone offline, a web-page has been deleted from the site with no proper redirection or by misspelling in the URLs.
34. Which of the following is not a black hat link building technique?
- Buying links.
- Creating quality content.
- PBN links.
- Link farms.
Creating quality content is not a black hat link building technique.
35. How to build Broken Links?
Ans: In order to do link-building via broken links, one needs to first look for broken links on other websites in the same niche. Once broken links are found, you can reach out to the site owner by email outreach.
36. What is EGO Bait is link-building?
Ans: Ego bait link-building is a type of link building technique which involves creating top-notch content that naturally attracts links.
37. What is article submission?
Ans: Article submission is a type of off-page SEO technique that involves creating and submitting articles on various article submission sites. Article submission can also be called as blog post submission.
38. Top article submission sites?
Ans: Following are the top article submission sites:
(Here is the list of 500+ Article Submission Sites)
39. What is social SEO?
Ans: Social SEO refers to the act of optimizing the social media posts for the purpose of better reach, visibility and engagement. Social SEO can be done by including targeted keywords in content and by promoting posts in multiple groups.
40. What are PBN links
Ans: PBN stands for private blogging network which is a network of blogs solely created for the purpose of building backlinks to your money site.
41. Should you buy backlinks?
Ans: Buying backlinks is considered to be a black hat SEO practice. However, there is no proof whether Google penalizes a website that is link buying activities.
My Personal opinion: (If you are buying links from high DA PA website then it should not be an issue)
42. What is cloaking?
Ans: Cloaking is a type of black hat SEO activity which involves showing different content to site visitors and different content search engines as well.
43. What are different types of cloaking in SEO
Ans: Following are the various types of cloaking in SEO:
- User-agent cloaking.
- IP based cloaking.
- HTTP_REFERER cloaking.
- HTTP Accept-language header cloaking.
44. What are the Doorway pages?
Ans: Doorway pages are low-quality web-pages on site that are optimized to rank well in the search engines and also act as a connecting door between content and users.
45. What is the Hidden Text?
Ans: Hidden text refers to stuffing keywords in the content that matches with the website background colour. Such keywords are visibly to search engine crawlers and not visible to humans.
46. What is link Schemes?
Ans: Link schemes refer to any links or link building activity undertaken in order to manipulate the search engine rankings. Link scheme activities include buying and selling links, link exchange.
47. Which of the following link building activities is not permissible?
- Link exchange.
- Buying links.
- PBN links.
- Sitewide links.
All of the above link building activities are not permissible by Google.
48. What do you mean by blogger outreach?
Ans: Blogger outreach refers to contacting any blogger via email, message or chat and asking them for a link or sharing any content particularly in return of value.
49. What is link exchange?
Ans: Link exchange or cross-linking refers to activity in which two webmasters are involved and link to each other’s website for mutual benefit.
50. Is link exchange an ethical SEO practice?
Ans: According to Google, link exchange or cross-linking is type negative SEO activity. Google considers link exchange as a link scheme activity which is against the webmaster’s guidelines policy.
51. What are the scholarship links?
Ans: Scholarship links are links from .edu websites.
52. What are testimonial links?
Ans: Testimonial links are those links which are taken by giving a positive testimonial on the website from which you purchased any product or services.
53. What are sitewide links?
Ans: Links from the footer and sidebar section of the website are called as sitewide links.
54. In terms of link building, which one is better 301 or 302?
Ans: From the point of view of SEO, 301 redirection is better than 302 because it indicates to search engines that the website has permanently moved to some other place.
55. Is off-page SEO still relevant?
Ans: Off-page SEO is one of the most important parts of SEO. It has a 60% impact on your site’s overall ranking.
My personal opinion: Off-page SEO will always be the most relevant SEO activity.
56. What happens when you stop doing off-page SEO?
Ans: When we stop doing off-page activities we may see a fall in the ranking of our website. Sometimes it may also affect the overall organic traffic of any website. That’s why off-page activities should be done on a regular basis.
57. What is tier 1, 2 and 3 link building?
Ans: Tier 1 links are direct links from high authority websites to your money site. Tier 2 links are those links that pass to your tier 1 property link web 2.0 sites and PBNs.
58. What are web 2.0 links?
Ans: Web 2.0 are basically free website creation tools or page builders on which you start a free blog website and acquire links through it. Blogger.com, Wix and WordPress are great examples of Web 2.0s.
59. Which link building activity should be avoided?
Ans: Following are the link building activities that should be avoided:
- Buying links.
- Exchange links.
- PBN links.
- Sitewide links.
- Reciprocal links.
60. Should affiliate links be given follow or no-follow tag?
Ans: All the affiliate links should be given a no-follow tag.
SEO Interview Questions Related To Search Engines:
- What are search engines?
Ans: A search engine is a software application system that is designed to carry out searches on the internet and store all the relevant information in its database.
2. Name a few search engines?
Ans: Following are the few search engines:
- Ask Jeeves
- YouTube (Video search)
3. How do search engines work?
Ans: Search engine works by the process of crawling, indexing and ranking information according to ranking factors.
4. What is crawling?
Ans: Crawling is the process by which search engines identify any new information on the internet. Search engines generally crawl links, broken links, landing pages, changes in data and much more.
5. What is indexing?
Ans: Indexing is the process of storing all the crawled information in the search engine database.
6. What ranking algorithm?
Ans: The ranking algorithm is a set of ranking factors that search engines take into consideration to rank a particular web-page or website on top of search engines. Search engines like Google take more than 200 ranking factors into consideration to rank any website.
7. Which is the world’s biggest search engine in terms of market share?
Ans: Google is the biggest search engine in the world that enjoys a market share of more than 86%.
8. When was Google founded?
Ans: Google was founded on 4th September 1998.
9. Name the founders of Google?
Ans: Larry Page and Sergey Brin are the founders of Google.
10. Who is the current CEO of Google?
Ans: Sundar Pichai is the current CEO of Google.
11. What is Google Bot?
Ans: Google bot is the name of crawler or a web spider that undertakes the crawling process on the internet.
12. How does Google Bot work?
Ans: Google bot looks for the hyperlinks on the internet which helps Google bot in crawling each and every information present on the internet.
13. What are Google ads
Ans: Paid ads appear on Google search as well its search partner websites are called as Google ads. One can also run advertisements on Google by creating an AdWords account.
14. What is Google Search console
Ans: Google Search Console is a tool created for web-masters which allows them to submit their sitemap to Google. Apart from this, the search console also reveals important website data points like the performance of website, clicks, position or rankings of keywords and much more.
15. What is Google Analytics?
Ans: Google Analytics is a free website analytics tool that helps webmasters to get insightful data about their site like traffic, sources of traffic, locations and more.
16. What is the crawl budget?
Ans: Crawl budget is a time frame in which Google bot crawls and index the web-pages of a particular site. In a given time frame, Google bot might crawl 1 web-page, 100 web-pages or even 1000+ web-pages depending upon how well is your site optimized for crawling.
17. How to optimize the crawl budget?
Ans: One can optimize the crawl budget by the following ways:
- Improving site speed.
- Making internal links.
- Removing dead links from the site.
- Creating backlinks.
- Using less static content on websites.
18. Why is crawl budget limited?
Ans : There are billions of websites on the internet and more than billions of web-pages on the web, hence it is next to impossible for Google to crawl each and every website or webpage.
That’s why Google bot has a limited crawl budget and only crawls relevant information.
19. How to determine the crawl budget?
Ans: One can easily determine the crawl budget from Google Search Console tool.
SEO Interview Questions Related To Algorithms:
1.How does YouTube algorithm work?
Ans: The YouTube algorithm works on the real-time basis and offers a video to the users depending upon their interests and likes. The algorithm also helps the users to find the right video and also keeps them engaged in the video.
2. Give 10 YouTube optimization tips:
Ans; Following are the top 10 YouTube SEO tips.
- Create a keyword-optimized title tag and meta tags.
- Use keywords in your thumbnail.
- Create backlinks.
- Use video transcription.
- Say your target keyword in video.
- Use attractive thumbnails.
- Promote your video on all social media channels.
- Create playlists.
- Focus on user engagement.
- Create a video timeline.
3. What is Google page rank?
Ans: Google page rank is the ranking algorithm that Google takes into consideration to rank web-pages on the internet. This algorithm determines the rank of the web-page from the scale of 1-10. Higher the page rank means that page is authority and must be ranked on top of Google.
4. Why is page rank important?
Ans: Page rank is important because it determines the actual value or strength of the web-page. Higher page rank means that the web-page has a good chance of getting top ranking in Google search.
5. What is Google Panda update?
Ans: Google Panda is a ranking algorithm that was launched in the year 2011. This ranking algorithm was related to thin content, duplicate content and keyword stuffing.
6. How to recover your site if it gets hit by Google Panda?
Ans: If your site is hit by Google Panda then you need to remove all the duplicate content from your sites. Also, you need to ensure that all your content is keyword rich and not spam.
7. What is Google Penguin update?
Ans: Google Penguin was launched in the year 2012. The core focus of this algorithm was on spammy, unnatural and unwanted links on a website or web-page.
8. How to recover your website if it gets hit by Google Penguin?
Ans: You need to do regular audits of your website and look for spammy or unnatural links on your site. If your site is having such links then you must remove them using the disavow tool.
9. What is Google Hummingbird?
Ans: Google hummingbird was launched in the year 2013. This algorithm was related to keyword stuffing, low-quality content and it focused more on search intent and semantic indexing.
10. How to deal with Hummingbird updates?
Ans: One can deal with Hummingbird update by including LSI keywords in their content.
11. What is pigeon update?
Ans: Pigeon update was launched in the year 2014. The main goal of this update was to give preference to local business websites that had local keywords in their content.
12. How to adjust your site according to pigeon update?
Ans: One can easily adjust their site according to the Pigeon update by creating local content or website.
13. What is rank brain?
Ans: Rankbrain is a machine learning algorithm that checks the relevancy of keywords in the website, relevance of content, user experience and other related factors.
14. What mobilegeddon update?
Ans: As the name says, Modilegeddon an algorithm that was launched in early 2015. This algorithm de-values the ranking to those websites that lack mobile-friendliness and mobile version web-page.
15. How to adjust your site according to the mobilegeddon update?
Ans: One can deal with Mobilegeddon updates by creating responsive websites that can give better user experience on the mobile, tablet as well as desktop computers.
16. What is FRED update?
Ans; Google FRED is an algorithm that penalizes websites that implements negative or black hat SEO techniques. This update also impacted the rankings of those websites that are solely created for the purpose of generating revenue via ads.
17. What is E-A-T?
Ans: E-A-T stands for expertise, authoritativeness and trustworthy.
18. What is possum?
Ans: Next to pigeon, Possum is another update that is related to local search and query. The sole aim of this algorithm was to improve the local search results by increasing the sites ranking that are targeting local keywords.
19. What is a pirate update?
Ans: Google Pirate was launched in the year 2012 to safeguard sites from copyright issues.
20. How many times Google changes its algorithm?
Ans: There is no specific answer for this question. But according to some research, Google changes its algorithm twice a day which means it changes its algorithm 600+ times in a year.
21. How to stay updated with relevant Google algorithms?
Ans: One can stay updated with regards to all the necessary Google updates by reading blogs, following official Google accounts on Twitter and Facebook.
22. Which Google algorithm is related to keywords?
Ans: Google Panda.
23. Which Google algorithm is related to content of websites?
Ans: Google Panda and Penguin.
24. Which Google algorithm is related to backlinks?
Ans: Google Penguin.
25. How to identify Google penalty?
Ans: If you see a sudden fall in rankings or traffic of your site, then your site might be hit by a Google penalty.
26. How do you succeed when the Google algorithm keeps changing?
Ans: One can succeed with Google algorithm by creating site and content in accordance with the guidelines provided by Google.
27. Which is the latest Google algorithm update?
Ans: The latest Google algorithm update is related to Google Fred.
28. Which are core Google algorithms?
Ans: Google Panda, Penguin, Pigeon and Hummingbird are few of Google’s core algorithms.
29. Why does Google change their algorithm?
Ans: Google keeps on changing their ranking algorithm to rank the best quality website on top of search results for particular keywords or query.
30. How long does it take to rank the website on Google?
Ans: It depends on several factors like competition, industry and niche. However, for a new website it may take 3-4 months to rank on Google search.
31. What is Google Bombing?
Ans: Google bombing is a negative or black hat SEO technique that webmasters implement to rank their website for irrelevant content or keywords by building tons of backlinks.
32. What is Google matrix?
Ans: Google matrix is a type of grid matrix that is used by page rank algorithm in order to determine the page rank of a particular website or a web-page.
33.What is visual rank?
Ans: Visual ranking is a system by which Google finds and ranks images by analysing and comparing the content.
34. How are quality raters?
Ans: Search quality raters are nothing but contracted Google employees that help them in improving the Google search. Quality raters give feedback to Google on how search can improve.
35. What is page experience?
Ans: Page experience refers to how the site visitors interact with the web-page. Low bounce rate is a sign of having a good page experience.
36. How to make a good page experience?
Ans: Page experience can be improved by following ways:
- Creating engaging content on a website.
- Not showing too much ads on the site.
- Increasing site speed.
- Reducing bounce rate.
- Creating internal links.
Technical SEO interview questions:
1.What is technical SEO?
Ans: Technical SEO refers to working on crawling, indexing and other technical parts of a website like speed, rendering and much more.
2. Why is technical SEO important?
Ans: Technical SEO is important because it ensures that your website can be easily crawled and indexed by search engine bots.
3. What is pagination?
Ans: In SEO, pagination refers to dividing the content of the website according to categories and sub-categories.
4. What is the HTTPS version of the site?
Ans: The HTTPS version of the site indicates that data is transferred via a secured connection. HTTPS or website security is also one of the core ranking factors in 2020.
5. Name any 5 technical SEO ranking factors?
Ans: Following are the top 5 technical SEO ranking factors:
- Website speed.
- Website security.
- Page-level experience.
- Site structure and navigation.
6. How to spot indexing issues on your site?
Ans: One can easily spot technical issues on-site by using technical SEO tools like SEMrush, Screaming frog, Deepcrawl, Ahref and many more.
7. What is thin and duplicate content?
Ans: Thin content means the content that adds no value to the website visitors. Such content is only created for the purpose of ranking websites on top of Google and earning money with ads.
Duplicate content refers to rehashed content that is already published somewhere on the internet.
8. How to reduce web-page size?
Ans: One can reduce the web page size by compressing images, CSS, Java scripts and other third-party scripts.
9. What are third party scripts?
Ans: Third-party scripts are those scripts that are embedded on the website by integrating third party applications like Google Analytics, search console or any widgets.
10. What is the server response time?
Ans: Server response time refers to the time taken by web-browser to get the response from web-server.
11. How to reduce server response time?
Ans: One can reduce the server response time by following ways:
- Choosing good hosting.
- Reducing the redirect chain.
- Improving site speed.
- Leveraging browser cache.
12. What are server scaled images?
Ans: Server scaled images are one of the most common type errors that occur, especially on WordPress sites. Serve scaled images are those images that do not match the size and dimension as defined by a WordPress theme.
Example, if your WordPress theme has defined a thumbnail size of 500 x 500 pixels and you have used 1200 x 320 pixels then you have scaled your images.
13. How to fix server scaled images issue?
Ans: One can fix server scaled images issues by using the images as specified by the WordPress theme.
14. How to enable browser cache?
Ans: One can leverage the browser cache in WordPress by using cache tools like W3 total cache, WP Rocket, WP Fast Cache, WP Super Cache and many more.
15. Name some technical SEO audit tools?
Ans: Following are some of the best technical SEO auditing tools:
- Screaming frog.
- Deep crawl.
16. How can you improve the technical SEO of your site?
Ans: One can improve the technical SEO of their site by doing regular SEO audits, improving the website speed, leveraging the browser cache and much more.
17. HTTP or HTTPS which is better for a website?
Ans: HTTPS version is much better for your website because it is secured and also one of the ranking factors in 2020.
18. How to perform in-depth technical SEO audit?
Ans: One can perform the in-depth technical SEO audit by using tools like SEMrush, Ahref, SEObility and Deep crawl and check the following parameters:
- Duplicate content issues.
- Title, meta and heading issues.
- Image alt issues.
- Preferred URL issues.
- Canonical tag issues.
- Site speed.
- Server response time.
- Redirect chains and more.
19. Name any 5 technical SEO plugin:
Ans: Following are the top 5 technical SEO plugin for WordPress users:
- Rankmath of on-page.
- Jetpack for security.
- WP rocket for site speed and cache.
- WP external links.
- Tiny PNG for image compression.
20. How to get rid of duplicate content?
Ans: One can get rid of duplicate content issues by creating content right from your heart and mind and not looking at someone else’s content.
21. What is the SILO structure on the website?
Ans: SILO structure is a type of website structure in which you create your website architect by keeping your keywords in mind. SILO structure basically involves the creation of sub-folders or sub-categories.
22. Apart from Google search console, where can you place your sitemap?
Ans: Apart from Google search console, you can place the sitemap near the footer section of your site.
SEO interview is a type of job interview for the position of search engine optimization specialist in any company or organization. In SEO interview basic, medium and advanced level questions may be asked depending upon job role and experience of candidate.
Generally, there two important types of SEO technique which is called as on-page and off-page SEO technique.
On-page SEO refers to optimization activities down within the website. On the other hand, off-page activities are done on the internet and away from the website.
Cracking SEO interview is quite easy. You can read SEO interview questions and answers and prepare yourself accordingly.
Yes, black-hat SEO is unethical SEO practice and Google is against such practices. I you are using black-hat SEO technique then there is high possibility that your site may get penalized by Google.